Saturday, October 9, 2010

More From Tea Party Convention


Richmond is all filled up with tea party patriots this weekend and I will tell you, we know how to party.  Tonight they had a party called the Freedom Lovers Extravaganza. 




There was a 70's type funk band Mo' Sol.  The band was excellant and got most everybody up off their feet and dancing.  John Fund and Congressman King joined in on the fun. 

During one of the breaks I asked a few of the band members if they were tea partiers and they said no.  I also asked if they thought that the Tea Party Patriots would get down with them, and he said "honestly, no I didn't".  I told him that he needed to go home to Atlanta and tell his friends that the tea party is not what the media has portayed us to be.  Because I will tell you, there was some bumping and grinding happening on that dance floor. 

I got a chance to have a talk with Congressman King and told him my story of what is going to happen with my medical insurance at the end of this year.  My plan is not "obamacare" approved and in order to make it fit the requirements it will become too expensive and the insurance company will no longer be carrying the plan.  So, I have to change plans that will increase my costs by about 25%.  He told me that they have a plan to get it repealed, although he didn't go into detail.  So we will see if they can get that done before they completely destroy the insurance industry. 

I was able to worm my way onto bloggers row tomorrow so I will be doing some live blogging to keep you informed.  The speakers tomorrow should be great. 

Rick Santorum
Herman Caine
George Allen
Lou Dobbs
Ron Paul
Steve King
Ken Cuccinelli

So I should have a really good time blogging and trying to keep you informed of what is going on.  You also can follow on twitter with the hash tag #VTPP

Have a good night all.  I need to get some sleep. 

Check in tomorrow and also head on over to The Other McCain as Smitty is live blogging as well. 

3 comments:

Opus #6 said...

If I could pick any blogger to live near and pal around with, it would be you. I love the way you get involved IRL with politics and you are un-intimidated. Bravo!

Just a conservative girl said...

Opus:
What is so weird about all this is the fact that it is not my personality at all. Had anyone told me that I would be doing these things two years ago I would have laughed in their face. But, when I read Obama's book shortly after he announced for president I got scared. He is even worse than I anticipated, so I feel like I have no choice.

But, I have met some very nice people since I started blogging and going to tea parties.

Thanks for the compliment

The Conservative Lady said...

Hey, that's some big flag! Sounds like you're having a blast. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to reading more about the convention.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative