Thursday, October 21, 2010

Juan Williams Gets Axed By NPR



Juan Williams was officially let go by NPR on Wednesday night due to comments he made on the O'Reilly Factor on Monday night's show.  Juan and Bill were discussing the dust up on The View over his comments on Muslim terrorists. 

Juan and Bill said the following:


“The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet.”
“I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”
CAIR took offense to this exchange.  They told NPR to jump and they complied.  The reality is that the terrorism that is happening around the world is being done by Muslims in the name of Islam.  That fact cannot be denied and we just look silly when we try.  We cannot tell by looking at a person if they fall into the jihadi camp or not.  This coming the same day that the news has been released that Anwar Al-Awlaki, one of the most wanted terrorists in the world, had a luncheon at the Pentagon a few short months after the 9/11 attack. 

I am not one to paint with broad brush about Muslims.  There are Muslims in the world that want the same things that I want, to live my life and raise my family in peace.  But, to ignore that there is a real problem in the world with Islamic terrorism is dangerous and downright stupid. 

What is also just as dangerous is the fact that we have become a society that is not allowed to talk about these issues.  If you dare to talk about it, you are in danger of losing your job or being called a bigot.  Problems that are not talked about cannot be solved.  This is not an issue that is going to go away on it's own.  We must not only discuss the dangers in the world, we also need to stand up and face them.  

CAIR, which has been shown to have ties to Hamas, is taking over the dialog in this country.  We have become so politically correct that we are endangering ourselves.  

NPR's statement read in part:

...were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR.”

Hmm, inconsistent with NPR's standards.  They don't seem to have a problem with staff members wishing death upon Rush Limbaugh, but talking about the factual evidence that we have a problem with terrorists who want to kill us in the name of Islam is an offense worthy of being fired.    Makes perfect sense to me.

2 comments:

Rtaional Nation USA said...

We are, becoming a nation of sitting ducks. Thanks in part to political correctness.

Great post.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I like Juan in spite of his political leanings. He tends to be more rational (less irrational?) than most. This should be a wakeup for him.

@Nation: "in part"? I'd say "in total". I agree with Angela Merkel. Multiculturalism has failed. PC has done nothing to improve social relations and I believe has made them worse. It is easy to bring conspiracy theory into the reasons why both of these exist, and I'm not sure there is no conspiracy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative