Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is this going to lower Obama's approval rating even further?

Someone actually said this was the best ever halftime show.  Huh?  This was God awful.  Even if I were not a conservative and found the shout out to Obama's Stimulus to be insulting and showing a lack of intelligence, I would have still hated it. 

If you don't know what I am talking about put it at about 9:50 and you will see what I mean.  This was horrible. 

My snarky question is how much lower is this going to push Obama's approval ratings, because they are starting to drop again.  Apparently, we are not liking his handling of Egypt much. 




3 comments:

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Didn't hear the shout-out. Was doing other things at half-time (I hate Superbowl halftime).

(The audio on your embed is awful - at least on this end. maybe it's me - so I couldn't hear it here, either)

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Never mind, the problem is on my end ["It's not you, it's me" - like I haven't heard THAT one before. ;-)]

Zilla said...

Meh. I kinda liked the Peas before this, their stuff is sort of catchy, but I wasn't much impressed nor offended. The "shout out" seemed more like criticism than praise to me. Replace "Obama" with "Bush" and it seems more like a "get off your butt & help" than a "we love you". Barry's last name prolly just conveniently fit to the beat. BUT it sounded like he was chanting Obama while Usher was on,. which is creepy if true. Did I hear it right? The part of the show I most hated was Fergie butchering Sweet Child O' Mine and attempting to grind up on Slash, but I'm an old metalhead so it may not be valid criticism. ;)
They always dress weird. I understand the dancers were there to present an interesting visual from a distance, but the boxes on their heads were weird.
I can't believe I just watched the whole thing. There's 12v minutes of my life I'll never get back. LOL
They are better on a boom box than on TV.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative