Thursday, January 6, 2011

Some More Presidental Hopeful Nuggets

We can glean a little something about the pack of republicans that will be vying for the presidential nomination in 12 by who will be speaking at CPAC at the end of next month:

Gov. Haley Barbour
Amb. John Bolton
Herman Cain
Gov. Mitch Daniels
Congressman Newt Gingrich
Congressman Ron Paul
Gov. Tim Pawlenty
Gov. Mitt Romney
Senator Rick Santorum
Senator John Thune

Are all confirmed speakers as of this morning. 

Gov. Palin and Congressman Pence have yet to confirm.  Palin would not speak at the conference last year due to Birch Society, as they have had issues of racism in the past.  I am not aware if Birch will be joining in on the conference this year or not, nor do I think that it matters as they are almost a non entity at this point in time anyway.  Missing CPAC would be mistake for any presidential hopeful, as this is THE conference for the conservative grassroots movement, especially with all the young people that are attending.  The young are generally the ones with more time on their hands to volunteer for the get out the vote ground work.  If you can get the younger activists to help it will go a long way to help you in winning a national election.  It will be interesting to see if Pence and/or Palin will be making an appearance.  Congressman Pence really doesn't have much a reason to miss it as he will be in the DC area on least one of the days anyway, as congress is in session. 

5 comments:

Zilla said...

As you know, there is only one for me, and he's not on the list:
ALLEN WEST
I've been watching him for a few years now, Obama wouldn't stand a chance against him.

Just a conservative girl said...

Zilla:
I have a hard time seeing the country accepting a first term congressman whose other experience that comes from the military. I don't see it happening.

I realize that the climbing the military ladder takes leadership skills, but I am not sure how much that will translate to the rest of the country.

LL said...

I agree with Cons. Girl regarding West. He's a brilliant guy with a great future - but he needs seasoning in the political arena. Guts alone isn't enough. But it's a lot more than Obama has.

I'm surprised that Rubio isn't speaking. I don't see him as presidential, but he'd make a strong vice presidential guy - first term senator or not. The same is true of Pence. I'm a Pence fan, but I see him as the vice presidential guy this time around.

The sad part is that NONE of the speakers on the CPAC list really blow my skirt up. Maybe I'm not as familiar with them as I should be in some cases and maybe I know too much about others?

Just a conservative girl said...

I like Daniels. He has some bad things, but who doesn't? But he has done some good things in Indiana. Their state is in pretty good shape. How many can say that these days?

I just don't see Pence turning up the chance of governor so as much as I don't want to, I have to give it up that he will run for president.

Just a conservative girl said...

Oh, I also didn't include the people who are invited but turned it down either. I just put up confirmed speakers who could potentially run.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative