Saturday, January 22, 2011

Romney Wins New Hampshire Presidential Straw Poll

The State GOP Conference held a straw poll today for president.   The very odd thing about this poll is that they also elected the party chair who was the Tea Party Candidate.  A very mixed message indeed.  No one in my Tea Party group would back Romney.  Romneycare is going to be a huge hurdle for him to get over.  But, this is going to be good news for Herman Cain who came in second behind by only  1% of the vote.  The next closest was Ron Paul with 11% of the vote. 

With the New Hampshire primary being a year away, this doesn't mean all that much.  But, the fact that Herman Cain got such a large percentage of the vote does bode well that he will be able to raise some money to get his primary bid off the ground. 

Mitt Romney 35%



Ron Paul 11%


Tim Pawlenty 8%


Sarah Palin 7%


Michele Bachmann 5%


Jim DeMint 5%


Herman Cain 34% (I don't know if this number is right, another listing has this at 4% not 34%)


Chris Christie 3%


Rick Santorum 3%


Mitch Daniels 3%


Newt Gingrich 3%


Mike Huckabee 3%


Mike Pence 3%


Rudy Giuliani 2%


Judd Gregg 2%


Gary Johnson 2%


Other 2%


Donald Trump 1%


Haley Barbour 1%


Jon Huntsman 0%


John Thune 0%


2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

One trouble Romney is his faith and I have to agree with you is his health care in Massachusetts. I personal don't have trouble with his faith and I know my point of view on health care wouldn't be taken kindly with most conservatives.
Out of this group I have liken to Ron Paul foreign policy and I don't see Mike Huckbee in this straw race.
Coffee is on.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Sounds like RINOs picking RINOs to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative