Monday, May 2, 2011

Usama bin Laden is Dead - DC Celebrates Outside The White House

I heard the news that people were gathering outside of The White House to celebrate the news that the day our country has been waiting almost 10 long years for, Usama bin Laden is dead.  I decided to head down and check it out. 

It was sheer craziness.  After midnight on Sunday it took me more than half hour to find a parking space, not a normal thing at this time of the morning. 

The vast majority of people were college students, but a few of us older people showed up. 





I was pleasantly surprised to see this:


It was a young woman who brought this down and I had made a comment to her that I was very surprised to someone supporting Bush down here.  She told me that she is an Obama supporter, but understands that both men are responsible for getting bin Laden. 

I did meet some fellow conservatives while I was down there:



It was pandemonium, people all over the place; including the trees:



I ran into some Paul fans:



Of course the Code Pink side of the loony left was also there.  Several people were walking thru the crowd yelling at people that they were celebrating someone's death.  While normally I agree that cheering someone's death is ghoulish, I am willing to make an exception this time.  Good Riddens.  Personally I would have much rather that he surrendered and had to spend the rest of his days being guarded by some female guards and forced to watch home movies of the people he killed on a round clock feed, but that was not meant to be.  The reports say that he was given the opportunity to surrender and refused.  Ironically he died on the anniversary of the death of Hitler.  I guess May Day is a day to rid the world of the scum. 

I was also very happy to see the patriotic side of the younger crowd be so present.  It did my heart good to hear them singing the national anthem and waving the American flags.  It isn't always a side that we see of the young crowd in this country.  It is nice to know that actually does exist. 

God Bless our Navy Seals, the reports are saying they are the ones who carried out the mission. 

For those on the right, and you know who you are, turning this into something political; shame on you.  We should be all Americans for a few hours.  This is a happy day. 

2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

So cool that you got down there. When I saw Geraldo surrounded by singing Americans last night I thought of you and wondered....

The Conservative Lady said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad he's dead. God Bless Our Military!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative