Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hmm, Makes Me Wonder

By now most have heard about the latest invitee to The White House by Michelle Obama. None other than rapper and “poet” Common. I went on you tube and went through the torture of listening to some of his music. I am no fan of rap by any stretch of the imagination, it just sounds like noise to me for the most part.


My understanding is that rap has become less violent and misogynist in the past few years, but I really don’t know if that is true or not. If that is true Common has missed the memo. Above and beyond the fact he talked about the death of President Bush, he is also violent towards cops and women.

What I would like to know is do they allow their two young daughters to listen to his “art”? If not, why are they giving this man such a platform?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative