Sunday, April 3, 2011

Herman Cain - Another Black Conservative

Newsmax interviews Herman Cain.  He goes a long way in correcting his comments about Muslims in his administration.  He fell into the trap of the left leaning media by making blanket statements.  Cain is new to the political process and the media can pull them apart.  While it may be red meat to certain group of people, the reality is that making blanket statements about any group of people will all to easily get you labeled as a bigot.  Once that label starts to resonate, it can be very difficult too get rid of.  He needs to stay with the comments he made here:

“I want people committed to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States in my administration. I don’t have the time or the desire to worry about somebody or some faction that wants to impose shariah law on this nation. I believe in American laws in American courts.


“The First Amendment says everybody can practice whatever religion they choose. [Muslims] are free to practice their religion in the United States, just like all other legitimate religions. But they are not free to infuse their religious beliefs into our laws. We don’t do that in the United States, and if I’m president I’m going to work to keep it that way.”
He may want to start pointing out what is happening in the UK.  Sharia courts are being used there.  It goes against our consitution and must be fought.  That is not being bigoted, it is being a watchdog of our constitution and our laws. 

2 comments:

Republican Redefined said...

I came across these remarks and did not post them bc I assumed it was just a matter of time before they became fodder for the Left. You're right that blanket statements are political suicide, but I do believe Cain will only emerge from this more beloved by his following.

The rush in the coming days will be to compare these comments to the Koran burning lunatic, Jones, and when that happens, I expect the Left to run wild with it.

I suppose the alternative could be that the story is shelved. Cain is a relative unknown to date, so I guess we can cross fingers. That said, old stories tend to become new ones and "unknowns emerge as front-runners as races progress.

Consider this story marked as one for use at a later date.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I will vote for which ever Republican is left standing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative