Monday, January 17, 2011

Chris Matthews' Says Happy MLK Day, Well Sort Of

I go to Republican convention; I go to Democrat [convention] and as a white guy one of the things I notice about the difference – one thing I notice about black people at different conventions [is] you go to the Democrat convention [and] black folk are hanging together, having a good time. They’re smiling and enjoying themselves. They feel very much at home. You go to Republican [convention] – you get the feeling you are all told individually ‘now don’t bunch up; don’t get together, don’t crowd or you’ll scare these people’. Is that true in the Republican Party? Is that still true in your party?



Did you fear that if you got together with some other African Americans that white guys might get scared of you?
What a jerk.  While there is no way to deny that the black community tends to vote for the democrats, that doesn't mean that republicans are afraid of them. 

Why would Chris be offended by the fact that the people of color are just treated like anyone else at the republican conventions?  Isn't that the message that Dr. King was trying to get across?  I don't care what color someone is, I care what kind of person they are.  Obviously you still need to learn that lesson Mr. Matthews.  Tell me again why I am the racist when from your statement it is the dems that "bunch them" together?  Can't they hang where they want to? 

4 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I think Matthews is the racist one. It is none of his business whether "black folk" "bunch up" or not. That is one of the beauties of living in America. We can choose our friends and we don't have to answer to Chris Matthews or anybody about that.

Unknown said...

I quess my question for you is would Dr. King have called Matthews a jerk. I watch Chris and do not always agree with him. Sometimes he makes comments that are off the wall, but I like him. So from this liberal guy to the conservative girl. Remember Dr. King and do not strike back with hatred.

Just a conservative girl said...

I don't know what Dr. King would say about Chris Matthews, and neither do you. What I do know is that Dr. King wanted people to be judged by character not by color.

Let me ask you a question, Matthews basically called all republicans racist but that isn't hateful?

Calling someone a jerk isn't hate. That is typical PC nonsense.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Hmmm...Democrats: "Black folk, stay with your own kind. You can vote for us, but don't hang with us at the Convention".

GOP: "Black folks, come on in. It's about your beliefs, not your skin. Hang with us. Join us in a beer."

That's how I see it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative