Thursday, February 18, 2010

Conservative Girl Adventures - CPAC Day 1

Today was the offical start of CPAC.  It was quite a day.  It started out with Marco Rubio.  If you have not heard of him, you don't know what you are missing.  He is a conservative dynamo.  He is smart, articulate, and a staunch conservative.  He is first generation American, his parents escaping Castro's Cuba.  I wish I lived in Florida so I could cast my vote for him.  Marco was a huge hit.  You can take a look at video at Another Black Conservative. 

Another suprise for us all was the appearance of Scott Brown; who introducted Mitt Romney.  He was greeted with thunderous applause.  As all conservatives know, he is going to slow down Obamanation.  Mitt also gave a good speech.  I personally am not a huge fan of Mitt, but I like his stance on certain topics.  I believe that he is yet again favored to win the straw poll.  He didn't get my vote, but he has won three years in a row. 

Again, I met some great people and am looking forward to tomorrow.  One of my political heros is speaking tomorrow...........Michele Bachman.  I just LOVE her. 

Here are a few of the sights


This is the reason we were there right? 

You may remember him from the tea party convention coverage.

Me stopping by Smart Girl Politics booth.

I also found a booth that was selling original buttons.  He has buttons from Reagan's first presidental election.  I didn't have any cash with me today, so I will need to stop by tomorrow.  He even had buttons from when Reagan ran for governor. 

I had some issues today, and was unable to get many photos, but I will do a better job tomorrow. 

1 comment:

The Conservative Lady said...

How great that you could be at CPAC. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and especially Michele Bachman's speech. Keep us posted on your adventures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative