Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quote of the Day - LZ Granderson Edition

Call me crazy, but the idea of trusting the government to take care of me, to provide me with "security" when I'm old and frail is far more frightening than the thought of me trying to make it on my own.


I'm not yet 40, so theoretically I still have plenty of time to have my own plan in place. Yes, I've paid into Social Security. No, I don't expect to benefit from it, at least not at the level those who are currently collecting are benefiting. And I don't know anyone in any line of work my age or younger who does.
LZ Granderson on Social Security.

Mr. Granderson is hardly some "right winged nut".  It is time that we have an honest discussion about social security in this country.  The time to fix it is running out.  If the left truly cares about the poor, we must have a discussion about where to cut.  Otherwise, there will be no money to help them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative