Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Hijacking of MLK's "I Have a Dream" Speech

"For Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin to have a march, they have the right to do so. Many of us suspect they are using the symbolism of that day in a way that does not reflect what that day is about. At no point will we interchange. We will not desecrate the march and what King stood for."



Al Sharpton


"It is very important that we convey a positive message that America belongs to everyone. Our rally is not an 'us against them'. We want no confrontation with Glenn Beck. But we want a confrontation with the ideas that he espouses. His ideas seem to be ideas of intolerance."

Marc Morial President of The National Urban League.


".....I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.


I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers....."

Dr. Martin Luther King

Where in the above excerpts would anyone get the idea that Dr. King wouldn't want a white man to celebrate his speech?  This is exactly what Dr. King wanted, for us to come together as Americans and people of faith and take pride in our heritage as Americans.  Yet, the race baiters are out in full force to say that Beck and by extension the people that will show up this weekend are somehow disrespecting the amazing legacy of Dr. King.  We must RAAAACIST. 

I can in no way be as eloquent as tea party favorite Lloyd Marcus was with latest article

These are the same hypocritical so-called black leaders who demanded that white America honor the memory of the civil rights icon with MLK Boulevards across America. But when a "white boy" chooses to embrace Dr. King's vision and dream by holding his "Restoring Honor" rally on the same day as Dr. King's historic speech, the Black Civil Rights Mafia, the race profiteers, yell, "How dare you? MLK belongs to us!"


I am a black American who wishes to thank brother Beck for honoring Dr. King in such a powerful way. Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally is linking the restoration of our great nation's Godly principles, freedom, liberty, and culture to the black civil rights leader. Beck's rally is a wonderful tribute to the man I remember, when I was a little boy, as being larger than life. I was there, August 28, 1963, in Washington, D.C. with my dad -- yellow school buses lined up and black people as far as I could see. I do not remember feeling hate in the air. Dr. King spoke of all Americans yielding to God, righteousness, and brotherhood. Sounds like Beck to me."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative