Friday, November 6, 2009

On The Rino Hunt


Yesterday, we decided to thank a few people.  We stopped by the offices of Jim Demint and Joe Lieberman in our travels.  On our way to Senator Warner's office we came upon this little scene. 

This was a group of people who came up from South Carolina.  They were meeting with Senator Graham.  The senator was talking taxes with them when we walked up.  One of the couples are self-employed and the credit situation has been tough on them.  They are unable to get a loan and may have to shut down thier business.  I didn't quite follow everything that the Senator was saying, but they were discussing how the differences between fair tax and flat tax.  He was trying to explain that the poltical agenda drives the tax code.  We needed to keep moving along.  My fellow 9-12'r, who is a nurse at a teaching hospital in DC, told him that he needed to just say no to Cap and Tax.  I told him that while we can't vote for him, we can fund his opponent.  He told me that I should move to South Carolina, get this, so I could pay taxes there.  I was dumbfounded. 

I was not able to meet with some of the people that I wanted to meet with yesterday.  So, I am going back today.  I will let you know how that goes.  I checked and they are in session today. 

4 comments:

lady di said...

Thanks for your post and your work. Time for Mr Graham to retire?

Writer X said...

All these guys know how to do is increase taxes and spend taxpayer money. I agree with Lady Di: Time for this clown to retire.

Opus #6 said...

Going back for more? You are AMAZING! Wonderful!

Conscious Observer said...

Onward Christian Soldier! God Bless and enjoy your time up there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative