Saturday, September 12, 2009

WE ROCKED DC

It was an amazing experience. People as far as the eye could see. I met people from 48 states. The only two missing were Vermont and Nevada. Yes, I met a couple that flew in from Hawaii.

I took more than 400 photos, but I am so tired that I will not get to those tonight.

We did such crazy things like signing the National Anthem, rocking out to Ray Charles' version of God Bless America.

We left the Capitol clean and everyone was friendly and respectful. Even to the counter protesters.

I got a call around 1:30 this afternoon, and the local ABC station estimated the crowd at 1.2 Million.

I met some of the nicest people. I think a good time was had by all. I heard that more than 800 buses came in from all the country. So many people drove hours just to be here for the day.

I took more than 400 pictures. I am just to tired to do anything with them tonight. My feet hurt, I am hungry and getting a tad cranky.

WE ROCK!!!

4 comments:

LL said...

Those of us who were not there were envious of you who were.

I wonder what Dear Leader is thinking?

Janie Lynn said...

I was home watching in Illinois but I am SO PROUD of everyone who went! Thank you! The message has got to be getting through!

Anonymous said...

You deserve to rest. Tell us all about it tomorrow...and spare no details.

Left Coast Rebel said...

I am so jealous! WE THE PEOPLE rock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative