Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Moran/Dean Townhall Part 2




I realize that this is a bit late, but a busy schedule of late has kept me from posting these.

With the latest news today of the president making an appearance in our schools across the country, I thought that these two scans are an interesting addition to the debate.

These are just two of the many handouts that I received at the Moran/Dean town hall.

When I was given the hand-out of the email, I was thinking to myself that this could have easily have been faked. I received this right on arrival. Once I started looking around I realized that more than half the people there had on blue shirts and pre-printed signs that said "Thank You" (for what I am not sure) and health care reform now signs.

The little buckslip that is also above is interesting not due to the content, but due to the small codes along the bottom of the piece. In what seems like a lifetime ago, I did direct mail fund-raising. So, I know printing. This buckslip has a version/plate change code along the bottom. As well as the recycled paper code is a union shop label. For those that don't know, union printing shops are relatively hard to find. A very small percentage of shops are unionized.

The version code is of particular interest because it shows that they are printing these for town halls around the country. This is proof of a very well organized effort to fill up the town hall meetings with pro Obama-care people.

In the case of my particular town hall the union members came from Front Royal. Front Royal is more than 100 miles from where I live in Fairfax County, Virginia. The town hall took place at a high school in Reston, VA.

At one point before the people were allowed into the school for the meeting, we (being the people against Obama-care) were surrounded by these union people while they were shouting "no astro-turf". Now, the local people who showed up for this meeting came with home-made signs and we were just wearing our work clothes for the most part. Yet, we get called astro-turf.

I and a fellow 9-12er spoke to a few people who were in the unions. There were at least two different unions there. Shocker!! SEIU was well represented. There was also an elevator union that I have never heard of before.

When asked what they thought of the bill: "No problem, it wouldn't affect them"

Do you think the bill is fair? "That is the way it is".

So I guess when it doesn't affect you, it doesn't matter what it does to the rest of the country. The sad fact of the matter is they are in for a big surprise. This is only a Trojan horse to a single-payer system that will affect them. I wonder if they will regret showing up at these meetings then?

This is also the infamous meeting that Howard Dean admitted that tort reform isn't included in the bill due to the fact that they (the dems) are unwilling to take on the trial lawyer lobby. Even he knows that tort reform needs to be done in order to lower costs.

For those who are interested, my senator, Mark Warner will be hosting a town hall on September 3 at 7 pm that will be streamed live on his website:

http://warner.senate.gov/

If you look carefully, you may just see me there!!

2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

They probably would have helped round up Jews for the ovens in Germany. Sick, selfish union people. This will not be forgotten. Any chance I get to vote for busting these unions I will take. They will regret this.

Left Coast Rebel said...

This is disgusting, talk about subverting our Democratic process. The true 'astroturf', the Unions.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative