Monday, July 29, 2013

Most Influential Blog Awards – Rules And Nominations

Blush.  Chris, stand up guy and Pretty Fly for a Jersey Guy, blogger has awarded me this little distinction.  

There’s an award badge:
most-influential-blogger[1]There is no actual voting, it’s just a fun way to bring recognition to other blogs and bloggers that are out there.
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 7 questions decided up by your nominator
4. Nominate ( no limit of nominations ) other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the award requirements.
Wait, there’s work involved? Let’s see, 1 and 2 are already done. 4 and 5 are easy. So on to number 3!
1. Why did you start a political blog, and when?  I started my blog in April of 09.  While attending some meetings about conservative activism in Northern Virginia, someone explained that conservatives voices were not heard as often and that it would also help formulate my thoughts better.  So I dipped my toe in and have found it be almost an obsession.  
2. If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
It is hard to narrow it down to just one, but I am thinking Michelangelo.  In a college course I took I had to write a paper on how I thought he would view the world today, it was a very enjoyable paper to research and write.  
3. Do you think there is any hope of restoring the United States to a constitutional republic in your lifetime?
Sadly, no. But I do think it will happen.  I don't see the alternative.  I do think that we can make strides towards it, but it won't be complete in my lifetime.  
4. If you could choose one state for Conservatives to “take over” and reshape into a vision of America congruent with Constitutional / Conservative principles, what state would you choose and why?
Well, I just recently moved back to my home state of Connecticut.  So that is as good as place as any to start.  I think having a conservative state in deep blue New England would be vital towards moving us back to a Constitutional Republic.  
5. If you could retire anywhere, on or off the planet Earth, where would it be?
Oh boy.  I simply love living on the water.  While I love Hawaii, I think that whole 6 hours by plane to get off the island isn't something I could live with daily, I would have to go with Key West, minus the hurricanes of course.  
6. What book has influenced your life (other than the Bible or Torah) and describe how?
While this may be a strange pick for a conservative, The Drifters by James Michener.  It is a story of a group of people from very diverse backgrounds who find their way to each other during the late sixties in Spain.  The U.S. political unrest and the Vietnam War are backdrops to the story. The characters travel around and by the end figure out their places in the world.  I read it when I was 19 and had such influence on me that I started to travel and even went and lived in Israel later that year.  
7. iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry, or Windows Phone?
none of the above.  
On to my nominations:
Their seven questions are:
1. How do you stay motivated to blog?  
2. Who is your personal hero and why?  
3. What is your biggest political pet peeve?  
4. I.R.S., Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Reporter Snooping, and NSA Snooping.  What do you think is the biggest scandal and why?  
5. Who is your early pick for 2016?  
6. Do you think that Hillary Clinton will make another run for the presidency?  
7. Coke or Pepsi?  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative