Thursday, December 30, 2010

Quote of the Day - Gov. Ed Rendell Edition

Second, the NFL didn't trust the fans to use their own judgment about whether going to the game in the snow was worth whatever risk they might encounter. If I had planned to take a 7-year-old with me to the game, I probably would have decided to stay home and watch the game on TV, but if I were going with some of my friends, I would have driven to center city, parked and taken the subway to and from the stadium. That's my decision to make, not the NFL's. We all hear talk about the "nanny" state, but now we have the nanny NFL, so concerned about our welfare, and perhaps potential liability, that it thinks it has to protect us from ourselves. I can't help but wonder what the NFL will do in 2014 if, on the morning of the Super Bowl to be played outdoors at the new Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey, there is a similar forecast. I can't be sure, but my guess is that somehow, the thought of postponing the Super Bowl will override the NFL's "concern for the fans." Stay tuned, America.



Gov. Ed Rendell on the NFL postponing the Eagles game before a snowstorm. 

I just love this quote.  He is actually complaining about the nanny state.  This is a man who spent part of his life not only endorsing a nanny state but helping to create one. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative