Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Palin Hitting the Road & Making a Mistake


Sarah Palin has announced that she will be stumping for three candidates as a start up for the 2010 election season. She will be doing work for Michele Bachman; congresswoman from Minnesota, Rick Perry; Texas Governor, and her former running mate John McCain. Michele Bachman will not be dealing with a primary challenge, but both Perry and McCain will. Rick Perry will be going up against Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Her statement is as follows:


Ride the Tide with Commonsense Candidates!




I want to again thank the good people of Massachusetts for propelling a commonsense, independent agenda forward! May the working man and woman feel empowered now more than ever to get involved in their government, and let's put this great country on the right track. The past year continues to offer the promise of commonsense government in so many areas. There are steps we can all take to get there, one of which is to support candidates who promise to fight FOR the people and AGAINST politics as usual. I'm excited to get out and help elect candidates who will bring those principles to our nation's towns, state houses, and directly to Washington D.C. We are already making plans to support the candidates our nation needs to make a difference and speak for everyday Americans. I look forward to helping Governors like Rick Perry in Texas, Representatives like Michele Bachmann in Minnesota, and heroes and statesmen like Senator John McCain. We will support these candidates and others so that they can continue to fight for our American values. The special election yesterday in Massachusetts was truly amazing. It is a clear indication of things to come and a demonstration of the momentum we all share in the fight for the values and policies that will get our country back to work. The commonsense conservative principles of liberty and fiscal responsibility are on the rise, and that's why I'm going out and campaigning as hard as I can to make a difference. I can't wait to join all of you in supporting these great candidates and many more over the coming months. In the meantime, visit the websites of Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann, and John McCain. And join us as we embark on America's journey to November!


Governor Palin is putting herself into a position that she is putting loyalty in front of principle. John McCain is not a commonsense conservative. He is a "when it suits me" conservative. I worked very hard to try and get the senator elected president. He has an amazing life story; he is a hero and a patriot; but not a conservative. He was the lesser of two evils.

The governor electrified the conservative base in fall of 2008. That I know as a fact as I saw it with my own eyes. I happened to be working the phone banks when the news leaked that she was going to be added to the ticket. The amount of volunteers doubled that weekend and money poured in. That happened because of her. There are many people who believe he chose Sarah only because he wanted a woman to try and lure the Hillary voters who felt betrayed. That may have played a part, but the real reason he picked her was that she is a true conservative. He needed to excite the base, and believe me, she did. Sarah had the added advantage of having a reputation of being a "maverick" who took on the establishment in the very entrenched Republican Party in Alaska; a quality that Senator McCain really admired. She is now putting that quality on the line.


Loyalty is admiral quality; one that many people today lack. But if we look back into recent history, we need to go no further than President Bush to see where blind loyalty gets you. President Bush stood by Donald Rumsfeld far longer than he should have. Rumsfeld's day being an effective leader had long since passed. Bush stood by him to his determent, keeping him on was part of the reason that the republicans got their clocks cleaned in midterm elections in 2006. Rumsfeld tried and failed to fight the Iraq war on the cheap. When it comes to war, you are all in; Go big or go home. It cannot be done halfway. The planning of the aftermath was done so poorly and the Bush presidency never recovered.


If the governor truly has the inclination to take a run at the presidency, she needs to prove that she will make the right choices for the right reasons.

6 comments:

A Conservative Unclogged Blog said...

wow, my stomach hit the floor when I read she will be working to help McCain.

I know she might be doing this perhaps NOT out of loyalty but as more of a "see, I don't hold a grudge" gesture.

In any case...she could have dropped McCain like it was cool and never even so much as stood near him and it wouldn't have bothered me. I have NO ill will toward McCain, and like you I respect him and his service to the country. Yet, he is NOT a conservative.

Hmmm, I am wondering, and this might be too soon...but I hope Sarah isn't losing touch with her 'roots' of being loyal to 'principle' instead of 'person'. I pray not

Lisa said...

I completely agree with you, why is she doing this? I guess it is to stay in the public eye AND make nice with the RNC. That's all I can think of. McCain needs to retire and we need fresh, conservative blood in Congress. I hope this doesn't backfire for Palin.

Rotti said...

Maybe her goal is NOT to take a run for president. At least not in the foreseeable future. But, I, too, was surprised to hear about this.

Just a conservative girl said...

Rotti:
Maybe she doesn't want to run.......I personally hope that she doesn't, as I don't think she can win.

Even if she doesn't want to run, she needs to stand by principle, as that is the brand she has created for herself.

Mary M. Baker said...

Well I was definitely surprised. Being in Houston, and in the state of Texas, how can she even say the stuff about fiscal Conservativism and relate it to Rick Perry. Man I hope that they have not gotten her hooked on the teleprompter. It is like she is just saying things she just campaigned against. Does anyone remembers the term "cronism"? I heard someone else use that alot.

Soloman said...

Hey JACG - I appreciate this post.. as you may be keeping up on through my communications with TCL, I live in AZ and will be supporting J. D. for Senate, as I posted tonight.

I agree with you, she's making a mistake - and McCain is clearly acting like an elitist politician, bringing in the big guns to a state he has represented for so long. He shouldn't... shouldn't need, shouldn't want to. It shows little class, and you're spot on about Palin's brand possibly being tarnished. Regardless of her political future, she is crafting an image and she's (I believe) gained some respect recently. Even Oprah seems to be okay with her... lol..

BTW - I thought I had you on my blog roll, but you weren't... you are now :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative