Friday, January 1, 2010

Danish Cartoonist Kurt Westergaard Still Threatend - Somali Man Shot While Trying to Break-in


Kurt Westergaard, the author of the now infamous Mohammed cartoons, had his home broken into over the weekend.  A 27 year old Somali man weilding an ax and knife was shot by police. 

Westergaard has been living with threats to his life since his cartoons were re-printed in a Danish newspaper in the spring of 2006. 

The attacker is said to be aligned with al-Shabaab.  An al-Qaeda affliate in the eastern portion of Africa. 

It seems that Islamic related terrorism is on the rise around the world. 

2 comments:

Janie Lynn said...

An ax and a knife? I guess HE meant business! Have you noticed how these radical muslims have no sense of humor? The guy is a cartoonist for goodness sakes!

Just a conservative girl said...

I kinda disagree with you Janie. While I don't think it is ok to try and kill the guy, I did think the cartoons he did were offensive to Muslims; as I don't understand the context in which he did them in.

I was a little unsure of the picture I put in the below post. I don't like it when images of Jesus are used in the way the below picture is. So, if I were Muslim I would feel the same way about those cartoons.

It all depends on the context I guess. I purposely used the picture that I did to make a point of how Obama is worshipped like Jesus. But it is very offensive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative