Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reason 12,834 to Home School


Virginia just can't seem to keep out of the news lately.  The latest outrage is a bunch of third graders wrote a little diddy they performed in October.  Now, if I am not mistaken a third grader is about 8 or so.  The school says the kids came up with these lyrics totally on their own:



Some people have it all
But they still don’t think they have enough
They want more money
A faster ride
They’re not content
Never satisfied
Yes — they’re the 1 percent
I used to be one of the 1 percent
I worked all the time
Never saw my family
Couldn’t make life rhyme
Then the bubble burst
It really, really hurt
I lost my money
Lost my pride
Lost my home
Now I’m part of the 99
Some people have it all
But they still don’t think they have enough
They want more money
A faster ride
They’re not content
Never satisfied
Yes — they’re the 1 percent
I used to be sad, now I’m satisfied
’Cause I really have enough
Though I lost my yacht and plane
Didn’t need that extra stuff
Could have been much worse
You don’t need to be first
’Cause I’ve got my friends
Here by my side
Don’t need it all
I’m so happy to be part of the 99
Yeah, I really buy that a group of eight-year-olds came up with this, all by their lonesomes.  On their website, Kid Pan Alley has songs from previous engagements that they have had around the country, some of the songs are named, Christmas in Tennessee, Stinky Socks, Bouncing of the Bottom, and Whispering in Spanish.  So normally these songs take on the silliness and innocence of childhood, yet this particular class wanted to write about the 99%.  
Our public school system should not be a place to push a political agenda.  No matter who is pushing it.  At the age of eight children should be learning how to think and at this point basic information about math, science, improving their reading and writing skills.  Instead the public schools have become a place where parents are forced to entrust their children to people who have an agenda, and to heck with the fact that some parents may not agree with that agenda.  Why are they teaching young children about class warfare?  There is a time and place for these discussions with young children, and a public school is neither that place nor the time in which to engage young, impressionable children about concepts they can't possibly understand at such a tender age.  
Values should be taught at home.  The fact that the school is defending this is reason enough to home school if at all possible.  

1 comment:

Alan W. Wright said...

Probably written by the same person(s) who wrote that little diddy praising Obama and having kids from a New Jersey grade school sing it a couple years ago.

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmmm....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative