Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quote of the Day - Ron Schiller Edition

“While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR’s values and also not reflective of my own beliefs. I offer my sincere apology to those I offended. I previously resigned from NPR effective May 6th to accept another job. In an effort to put this unfortunate matter behind us, NPR and I have agreed that my resignation is effective today.”





Ron Schiller formerly of NPR.

My question is whose beliefs was he referring to?  If he wasn't talking about NPR's views or his own then who exactly was he talking for?  Was he just saying what he thought the people he was speaking to wanted to hear? 
What idiot is going to believe this? 

1 comment:

Quite Rightly said...

One of the motives of Shiller's excuse is found in the words: "in an effort to put this unfortunate matter behind us."

"Unfortunate" in this case is in the mind of the beholder. I think it is very fortunate for America that the arrogant eagerness of these self-styled "elites" of "National Palestinian Radio" to play ball with the Muslim Brotherhood has been exposed.

I say we don't let NPR or any of their sponsors forget and, while we are at it, we should demand that NPR do their dirty work without the financial assistance of the American taxpayer.

$90 Million may be a mere bag of shells to NPR, but it is not peanuts to most Americans.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative