Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Conservative Girl Adventures - Jim Moran and Howard Dean Townhall


Now, I have much to say on this topic and will not be able to get it done tonight.

Just a few tidbits:

MANY MANY Union signs - I found it very amusing when they started a chant about "Astro-turf".

Planned Parenthood was very well represented.

I was given a copy of an email (which could have very well have been made up) that said to show up with postive signs and wear blue shirts. You will see from the pictures, that they indeed had on blue shirts and pre-printed signs.

The pro health care side had a bus that had electronic signs saying things like how many people have lost insurance this year.

Fox News' Griff Jenkins reported that the ratio was 60 for 40 against. I think he was being kind. I believe that the people for had a much higher percentage.

I had some very interesting conversations.

Their was some confusion about it being an open townhall or you needed to be a resident of the district to show up. They were checking ID's at the entrance. I went up to one woman who had a Obama sign from Loundon County. I tried to tell her that she wouldn't be allowed in since she was not a resident. She told me that she didn't need any advice from me. So sorry, I thought I was being kind.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Soloman said...

Hi.. I like your blog. I added you to my blog roll.

It's interesting the issues you mention - who was and was not allowed, ID's or not, et cetera. Here in Phoenix there's a townhall planned, and a lady called JD Hayworth's radio show and told him how her husband's a registered Democrat and he got an unprompted call with an invite, even though all public information says you must go to a website and register. Funny how that happens.

Anyway - Come check me out some time, I'll be back..

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative