Sunday, July 31, 2011

Some Notes from the Peanut Gallery

I have not been able to pay as close attention to the debt limit crisis as I normally would.  Life has gotten in the way.  Today I was trying to do some reading to see what I missed.  Not all that much really, they seem to be in the same place they were a few weeks ago.  Just closer to date of "doom" according to the left.

I did across an article about the Tea Party influence in this debate.  The article is about what one would expect on CNN.  But I always find the comments to be the best part.  I came across this one:

I have a few questions. 1. Since when did this country need a "Super Congress" to know the difference between spending within your means and spending out of control! ? 2. Since when did the "Tea Potty" think they were "The peoples Potty"? 3. And last but not least, just what makes the wealthiest so high and mighty that they, can't or won't, support the country that made them wealthy? Can the 2 seperate Republican enities explain these?



Just exactly what country are they serving? I know it can not be America! They are traitors, liers, and they call themselves faith based. These biggots are self serving with NO intentions to serve this country but only those outside of the lawmakers rhelm to make themselves more rich off the working peoples back. What a disgusting group of trash to represent this Country!

OK, 1. Apparently Congress does need someone or something to explain living within your means.  They have not been doing it for decades.  2. The Tea Party is mainly a group of everyday citizens saying they have had enough.  I have never been paid to go to any protest.  I have never been given money to get there, everything that I have done has been taking time off from work (I only work part time so it is easier for me) and getting myself to DC on my own.  Granted I don't live far so there is not much money involved here.  Really just parking and gas for me.  3. The wealthiest of Americans do pay the vast majority of the bills in this country.  I don't know what it will take to get the people on the left to accept that.  Almost half of the people in this country pay no income tax at all.  They pay payroll taxes and end up with a refund at the end of the year.  Who do you think is putting money into the treasury?  Do you think the money comes from the tooth fairy?  It is not unreasonable to demand that congress be responsible with our money.  Presently they are not.  We don't live within our means and that is the reason for the tea party. 

The vast majority of people I know that are involved in the tea party are middle class people who struggle with money issues.  Just like the majority of Americans.  I know of one who has told me on several occasions she really struggles with money every month.  Things are tight for her and her husband.  I know people in the tea party who are single and renters.  I know people who are just starting out in their lives.  Only out of college a few years.  I know several people who are in the medical field and what drove them to the tea party was Obamacare.  They know what is going to happen to our medical care in this country when this fully takes hold.  (If is more like it).  I know some military people who have defended this country for a small amount of money who are really worried about the direction we are going in.  One of which has spent time in a war zone.  His voice has the right to be heard. 

Yeah I agree that far too many people in congress make themselves rich off the tax payer.  You should be in the tea party not calling them racists.  We believe that too. 

Open your eyes to what is happening in this country and then maybe you can get your head out of your ass long enough to realize that Tea Party is trying to stop this country from spending more on interest than it does on education every year.  You are against fighting for that?  But, I am the stupid one?  Yeah, you jerk, we spend more on interest every year than we do to educate our young. 




6 comments:

LGMarshall said...

As the US Debt crisis comes to a roiling head... at the end of July 2011, I'm of two minds. 1) this is some very serious, life altering stuff of which I'm willing to accept my part in the mess . 2) I'm blessed to know that we continue to have a way to process this, as the American Govt has the potential to be as strong, and as forthright as it's God fearing People.

I still have faith in God & our Country. I believe that the Founding Fathers were divinely, [as much as humanly possible] & correctly aligned to what God had in mind for the people of this USA. I still trust that Americans will continue to be inspired, take guidance & instruction, from the Founding Principles of this great nation. We will find a way out.

RightKlik said...

Thanks for the shout out!

The think that worries me the most is that I have little confidence that my kids will have the same opportunities that I had.

I grew up in poverty, but those who came before us built a society in which almost anyone can chart their own course and go where they want in life.

The political class, Dem and Rep, is destroying that society and those opportunities.

RightKlik said...

[the thing]

RightKlik said...

linked

Quite Rightly said...

Apparently, the CNN commenter plans on being one of the last people in the country to figure out what is going on.

Just Me said...

Peanut gallery or Hobbitville? ;)

Great post; will link.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative