Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This is the Reason Why

I have heard some not so nice comments from people about my blogging about the homeless woman I have met.  There are a few who even told me that she did it to herself.  I had one person who knew none of the facts  tell me she had other choices.  Maybe she did, I can't say for certain.  But that doesn't change her reality.  People need to open their eyes to what is going on in this country.  There are hard working people who have not lived below the poverty line who are now living in situations that they never believed would happen to them.    
If the economy doesn't improve more and more people are going to end up in similar circumstances.

2 comments:

Just a conservative girl said...

Teresa:
First I am very sorry to hear of the issues you and your husband are facing. I am glad that you are feeling better.

You are right, we need to help out where we can. Not everyone is in a position to do that, but some are and would rather bury their heads in the sand of what is really happening.

If you are out of work for a long period of time, unemployment and savings is only going to take you so far. At some point you are going to need some sort of help.

Everyone does have choices, but that doesn't mean that they are good choices.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Whether she is there because of her own choices is immaterial if she is willing to learn from those mistakes.

I follow her blog and wish her well. There is little more I can do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative