Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Comes to the White House

Michelle Obama unveiled the Christmas decorations today at the White House with military families.  The theme this year is Shine, Give, Share.  The military has been put front and center on many of the decorations.  There are medals and symbols from every branch of the military.  


There is also a Gold Star tree.  A Gold Star mom looks on.  


Bo the first dog has a prominent presence, he appears in some form or another in almost every room. Here he is in licorice, recycled plastic bags, and felt.  



Michelle Obama also hosted military children in a crafts and cookie decorating session.



This is the official tree in the Blue Room that features handmade cards from military children.  


The trees are lovely.  I am glad to see that the main theme is designed around military families, to say thanks for the sacrifices that not just our soldiers make, but what their entire families make.  


I guess they put the Mao and Lenin ornaments in the residence this year.  So, I got snarky.  Sue me.

7 comments:

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

More campaigning.

Mike aka Proof said...

It's an election year. Of course they're hiding the Mao ornaments.

Quite Rightly said...

Are these the same military families that a petulant Obama tried to charge for the costs of prosthetic limbs and other treatments for the injuries of their combat-wounded loved ones?

I'm not buying sincerity behind this decision. Somebody at the White House finally read the polling data.

Teresa said...

The Obama's have to appear mainstream and pro-military.

RightKlik said...

Perhaps it's coincidental that this coincides with MO's sudden interest in NASCAR. It's hard not to take a cynical view.

But credit where credit is due, I suppose.

Just a conservative girl said...

Klik:
Yeah, I got snarky with the last line, but my entire point of posting this is to show that they are saluting our troops.

I don't remember where I read it, but a conservative was commenting. She is a military family member and has met with Michelle Obama. It may be her husband was injured, I can't quite remember. She firmly believes that Michelle Obama cares very much about military families. This woman has been upclose to it and we have not. I say give them the benefit of the doubt.

Don't get my wrong, I still think that part of their belief system is that the military be used for in a different way, but that doesn't mean that they don't care about the families, especially of those who lost a loved one.

hometown guy said...

Thanks for acknowledging that people you don't agree with politically may not be terrible people. Wish there was more of that, on both sides.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative