Wednesday, November 4, 2009
56 percent of Republicans and 33 percent of Democrats say the Supreme Court is too liberal. WOW, that is a high number of democrats. We actually have some common ground here.
• 55 percent of Americans overall say justices "have their own political agenda."
• 40 percent say the high court is doing a "fair job"; 36 percent say "good"; 7 percent say "excellent."
• 70 percent say justices should base decisions on the Constitution and legal precedents.
• 29 percent say they should be guided by "a sense of fairness and justice." Fairness and justice according to whom? How would it be fair to everyone? Is it fair if it benefits you, but hurts someone else?
• 29 percent say the justices remain impartial; 15 percent are unsure.
Source: A Rasmussen Reports survey of 1,000 likely voters conducted Oct. 22-23