Wednesday, November 7, 2012

President Obama Wins Re-election

I do have a great deal to say, I am just don't have the time to say it know.  I am finally going home after doing what I could in swing states.  

I said over a year ago had Mitt Romney gotten the nomination, it would be an Obama win.  I still did what I could, but I think it was baked in the cake from the day he got the nomination.  

I did stay up to watch President Obama's acceptance speech.  LOL.  Wow.  He and the people who voted for him are delusional, truly delusional if they believe one word of what he said.  

Romney gave a classy speech.  He is a good man.  I just don't happen to agree with him politically.  I wish him well with whatever he chooses to do with the rest of his life.  

The GOP needs to do some re-examination.  The re-examination I am talking about is going to be a little different than many on the far right who think Romney simply lost because he wasn't conservative enough.  The demographics in this country have changed.  The party needs to show these demographics what they have to offer.  Something that some I know resist.  It is time to rethink that.  

Note, not congratulating The President isn't an oversight.  

1 comment:

net observer said...

Not that my opinion matters in this setting, but I think it's a mistake to focus on demographics. Yes, the changing face of America was one of the factors in Romney's failure last night. But was it the overriding factor? I doubt it.

There's not a sugary way to put this: Today's GOP often evokes disgust in a lot of smart and decent people. But for whatever reason, the GOP, generally speaking, doesn't understand this.

Most Americans cannot casually dismiss the fact that most GOP-ers don't believe that Barack Obama is eligible to be president. Most Americans cannot casually dismiss a thriving cottage industry based around that theory alone. Most people cannot casually dismiss a legendary real estate tycoon championing such a cause.

Throughout the blogosphere, there are right-wingers who are perfectly comfortable labeling Barack Obama "racist" but can't bring themselves to say much about the ugly racial optics in their midst. (Fwiw, I'm glad to know you're not like that, just)

The recent aspersions cast upon now-former GOP rock star Chris Christie are, in one sense, mind-boggling. But when you think about it, it's really par for the course. It's been said that today's Republican party is not your dad's Republican party. But I'm not even sure if it's your big brother's. This sharp turnaround is relatively recent.

You don't have to be African-American, or Latino, or Asian, or Jewish, or female, etc., to be concerned about these matters. This is not, primarily, about demographics. This is about a GOP that far too often comes across as flat-out weird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative