Saturday, April 13, 2013

Quote of the Day - Daily Beast Commentor Edition


I used to be "pro-choice". I've always believed in individual rights. A woman should have the right to make her own decisions regarding her own body. I still believe this.
The reason that this story isn't being covered by the media is because it reveals something frightening to the pro-choice argument. Maybe someone else's body is being violated?
The reason I don't consider myself pro-choice anymore is not because I had a religious experience or because I hit my head and woke up Republican.
It's because I've held my wife's hand as she was in the middle of a miscarriage in our doctor's office. The doctor didn't say, "It's okay, the mass of cells will pass soon". He said, "I'm sorry for your loss."
I've held my wife as she weeped after yet another pregnancy ended abruptly. I've seen her hurt and angered by people who say they are supporting "women's reproductive rights" by demanding federally funded birth control and/or abortions. Meanwhile, we have to pay thousands for fertility treatments that fail.
What about her reproductive rights?
I've seen our child's image in ultrasound at just under 12 weeks. Suddenly realizing the joy of being a parent, only to see the words "NO CARDIAC" typed across the screen. The pain and the tears of losing a child at 12 weeks, well within the time period to abort. Then going through three more miscarriages after that and seeing the pain, disappointment, and hopelessness that my wife suffered.
I have to put my own broken heart to the side to be strong for her.
The reason I no longer believe abortion has anything to do with women's rights or women's health is simple. I've seen infertility through my wife's eyes and I've seen her ignored. Abortion has nothing to do with women's rights, it's simply about eugenics.
I narrowed the issue down to two questions. Scientifically, is it human? Philosophically, does it's life have value? I encourage you to ask these questions as well.
When you see the issue of reproductive rights through the eyes of a woman who is struggling with infertility, you'll quickly see that Planned Parenthood and the pro-choice movement really has less to do with women's health and more to do with eugenics.
If you don't believe me, look up Margaret Sanger's beliefs on the subjects of race, poverty, and eugenics. She founded Planned Parenthood.
I know I'm going to be called all sorts of names and ridiculed for believing that a fetus is a human, it's life has value, and the taking of that life is a violation of it's human rights. I don't care. I'm not posting this for you, nor for me. I'm posting this in honor of my wife. So that other women may realize that a pregnancy is a gift. Not necessarily for you, but maybe for the woman who desperately wants a child and would be more than willing to adopt your's if you simply let it live. It's also a gift for the child itself, because he or she will get to live
A commentor on the story on The Daily Beast about why the Gosnell trial is not being covered in the media. That is until today.  

I too have always found it odd that people say they believe in individual rights yet have no problem in violating the rights of the baby.  There is no way around this, biologically a "fetus" is human, and as such has the basic human right to life.  

I hope that he and his wife find that woman who is willing to let her child live and give them the joys of parenthood.  

1 comment:

dmarks said...

It also has a lot to do with greed. Planned Parenthood is a corporation that receives many billions in corporate welfare. Those running it at the top skim off millions for their own personal wealth. Abortion is Job One for this corporation, and they seek a situation in which Federal dollars encourage and fund abortions and fatten their personal bank accounts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative