Sunday, April 14, 2013

Marco Rubio Hits the Sunday Talk Shows on Immigration Bill - Video

Senator Rubio hit a record 7 morning shows this morning to discuss guns and immigration.  His goal was to talk about his immigration bill.  He is having a hard time with the conservative base who are calling his plan "amnesty".  I am not among them.  It will take well over a decade for a person to become a citizen, that isn't amnesty as far as I am concerned.  

I know, as a first generation American, how broken our visa system.  Until that is fixed the problem we have will not go away.  The borders need to be secured.  The visa system needs to be updated and streamlined.  This is our chance to fix those two problems.  

The reality is this, the political and public will to deport about 11 million does not exist.  It will not happen.  The right or wrong of that doesn't matter.  To hold onto the position that deportation is the only answer is saying that the status quo is good enough.  It isn't.  I am not jazzed about giving green cards to people who broke the law, but I know that is what is going to happen regardless of how I feel about it.  My goal is remove this issue and get our borders secured.  The only way that is going to happen is if the GOP gets out in front of it.  

If Rubio can get our borders secured, I say more power to him.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative