Monday, July 23, 2012

Open Letter to VA State Senator Louise Lucas


Dear Ms. Lucas:
I heard your comments about the upcoming presidential election and how Mitt Romney is appealing to the racist segment in society that is against President Obama due to his skin color.  Your exact statement was:
“All of the folks who are saying ‘we don’t like Barack Obama,’ they can’t tell you any reason they don’t, because — let me say this first of all, President Barack Obama did not create the situation that has us in this economic mess that we’re in. Everybody knows that this stuff happened under President George Bush, and they’re trying to dump on the president. But those people — intelligent people understand that President Barack Obama did not create this mess, and the mess that was created could not be solved in two or three or four years. Intelligent people understand that.
“But Mitt Romney will go out and try to play to the fringe by saying it’s all Barack Obama’s fault. But intelligent people know better. I listen to MSNBC. I listen to all the media outlets. And you know exactly where the slants and biases are coming from. But right thinking people know that this mess was not created by Barack Obama, and he’s done the very best job that anybody sitting in the White House could’ve done to try to pull us up out of the muck and mire that George W. Bush got us into.”
I can give many reasons that I don't like President Obama and not one of them has to do with his skin color.  I have three years worth of blogging about issues that I care deeply about that again have nothing to do with skin color.
You make these statements without any regard to the people in this country that have real differences of opinion about how policy should be dealt with.  It makes no difference to you the people who I have in my life.  The people who I consider my loved ones, my close friends, the people who I genuinely care about.  You can't be bothered to find those things out before you spew your racial comments.  Comments that are not meant to be the least bit helpful, but to further divide our country.

You see Ms. Lucas, I am willing to concede that there are people who don't like President Obama simply based on skin color.  Why is that you are so unwilling to concede that the vast majority of people who are not happy with the job performance of President Obama have differences in opinion regarding policy?  Could it be that you have nothing left to say and you can't defend the policies?  Because it seems to me that is the most logical explanation.
In your diatribe you even admitted that you couldn't get your own children to see the racism that you seem to think permeates everything and everyone in this country.

Frankly Ms. Lucas I am sick to death of people like you playing the race card.  It has long since reached its limit.  What you have done is make it next to impossible for the people who are truly victims of racism to get a fair hearing.  Your calling everything under the sun racism has done nothing but diminish the word to the point that it has virtually no meaning any longer.

You would like to know what it is that I don't like about President Obama?  Ok, here you go:
  1. Obamacare will not reduce healthcare costs in this country.  I will be paying more for insurance than in the past.  I was told I wouldn't lose my health insurance if I was happy with it.  That was a lie, I did lose my insurance.  I am now paying close to 80% more than I was the day Obamacare was signed into law.
  2. The Stimulus package did little to actually stimulate the economy.  It was a payoff to democratic constituencies.  The next generation shouldn't be saddled with that debt to make your union buddies happy.
  3. Yeah, I have a problem with guns being brought across the border and having two border agents lose their lives.  Why don't you?
  4. Eric Holder is a disgrace.  He used his position to further political causes without regard to the law or our constitution.  His refusal to help Arizona with a law that the Supreme Court says is perfectly consitutional is proof of that.
  5. President Obama using executive privilege to save Eric Holder's ass is disgraceful and illegal.
  6. President Obama has skirted around the legislature in order to pass his so-called Dream Act.  It matters none to him that is an issue that has to be passed into law through congress.
Those are things that simply jumped to the front of my mind.  I could come up with hundreds of others.  My opposition to President Obama has nothing to do with his skin.  It has to do with his policies.  My objection to you is that you are a small-minded idiot that thinks that dividing people will score you cheap political points.
The economy is awful.  The spending is out of control.  We have more people on disability then those living in the City of New York, and record numbers on food stamps.  Unemployment has not been below 8% since the President took office.  We were told if that we spent almost a billion of mostly borrowed dollars we would never reach that point.

We continue to rise the debt limit so that President Obama and his buddies like you continue to spend money we don't have.

You want to come at people who oppose the President with facts, than have at it.  I am willing to debate you on that.  But until that time, please go crawl under a rock.  We don't need to hear from the likes of you of how racist this country is.

What you are saying is that President Obama is perfect and deserves no criticism.  That is simply ridiculous. Had President Obama been a white man you would be the first in line to bring torches and pitchforks to The White House demanding an answer of what is going to be done for the 14% unemployment rate for blacks.  But you are the one who is showing your racist stripes by refusing to address this issue.  You are the one that can't criticize a black man.  That is what is racist.  You give him a pass and treat him differently because he is black.  I simply treat him as bad president whose policies are failing.  You should try it sometime.  It is quite liberating.

1 comment:

Hugh said...

You should print that open letter up and send it to that mental midget. I would love to hear her try and respond to it. Great job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative