Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Defiling of The National Anthem

Over the weekend, New York had its Gay Pride Parade.  Friday night at some sort of pre parade get together Lady Gaga sang The National Anthem and changed the words:
"Oh say does that star-spangled flag of pride yet wave."“land of the free, and the home for the gay.”
 Honestly, I am not at all surprised by Lady Gaga, she lives to be edgy.  It is her shtick.  What I found so offense is that no one in that audience thought there was anything wrong with what she had just done.  Regardless of where you fall in the question of gay rights, you should at least understand that changing the words to The National Anthem is not acceptable.  

This isn't about straight or gay, this is about right and wrong.  I realize that as a conservative, that my view of things are often at odds from people that fall more to the left than I do.  What I find so offensive about this is that they don't seem to think there is anything wrong with it.  There are things that are sacred.  That really mean something.  Our National Anthem is one of them.  

This is being lauded that she did something so amazing and so wonderful.  How can those darn people on the right, the "haters", not understand why this isn't considered something wonderful.  

It is sacrilege.  It is really that simple.  I realize that Lady Gaga has no shame, but I didn't realize that so many on the left and the gay community had that in common with her.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative