There is no actual voting, it’s just a fun way to bring recognition to other blogs and bloggers that are out there.
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 7 questions decided up by your nominator
4. Nominate ( no limit of nominations ) other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the award requirements.
Wait, there’s work involved? Let’s see, 1 and 2 are already done. 4 and 5 are easy. So on to number 3!
1. Why did you start a political blog, and when? I started my blog in April of 09. While attending some meetings about conservative activism in Northern Virginia, someone explained that conservatives voices were not heard as often and that it would also help formulate my thoughts better. So I dipped my toe in and have found it be almost an obsession.
2. If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
It is hard to narrow it down to just one, but I am thinking Michelangelo. In a college course I took I had to write a paper on how I thought he would view the world today, it was a very enjoyable paper to research and write.
3. Do you think there is any hope of restoring the United States to a constitutional republic in your lifetime?
Sadly, no. But I do think it will happen. I don't see the alternative. I do think that we can make strides towards it, but it won't be complete in my lifetime.
4. If you could choose one state for Conservatives to “take over” and reshape into a vision of America congruent with Constitutional / Conservative principles, what state would you choose and why?
Well, I just recently moved back to my home state of Connecticut. So that is as good as place as any to start. I think having a conservative state in deep blue New England would be vital towards moving us back to a Constitutional Republic.
5. If you could retire anywhere, on or off the planet Earth, where would it be?
Oh boy. I simply love living on the water. While I love Hawaii, I think that whole 6 hours by plane to get off the island isn't something I could live with daily, I would have to go with Key West, minus the hurricanes of course.
6. What book has influenced your life (other than the Bible or Torah) and describe how?
While this may be a strange pick for a conservative, The Drifters by James Michener. It is a story of a group of people from very diverse backgrounds who find their way to each other during the late sixties in Spain. The U.S. political unrest and the Vietnam War are backdrops to the story. The characters travel around and by the end figure out their places in the world. I read it when I was 19 and had such influence on me that I started to travel and even went and lived in Israel later that year.
A belief in the written constitution. The belief that we are responsible for ourselves and for our families. The belief that we are allowed to fail. The belief in a strong national defense are a few of the things that make me just a conservative girl.
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini
"I say this not to the teachers, but to their unions: If education were a war, you would be losing it. If it were a business, you would be driving it into bankruptcy. If it were a patient, it would be dying." Bob Dole
Yes, House Republicans have been in power for 5 hours and they have not passed their entire agenda. The New York Times things they should be canned and Democrats put back in charge. Don Surber
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
"So I say huzzah to the 112th congress for reading the Constitution, for acting like it matters. It does. The Constitution may not be sacred, but the sacred has no better friend than the Constitution." Pat Archibold
"53% of Democrats have a postive view of socialism. 100% of republicans think those 53% are morons." Mark Levin
"Corrupt the young. Get them away from religion. Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial; destroy their ruggedness." First plank of the communist strategy for revolution - confiscated in Dusseldorf, Germany in 1919
"If you believe this isn't going to cost the government anything, you are likely to see leprechauns riding on unicorns with pots of gold circling the capitol" Rep. Devin Nunes, CA-21 on healthcare "reform".
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views". William F. Buckley, Jr.
"The Republicans were laughing and waving the American flag, and I thought that was ourtrageous behavior" Maxine Waters
"The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." Norman Thomas
I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and progress. Frederick Douglas
Don't go around saying that the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain
I freed thousands of slaves, and could have freed thousands more, if they had known they were slaves. Harriet Tubman
But I think the most important thing I have figured out was how not to lose hope even when things are bad and it feels like it won't get better. It will get better. You just have to keep working at it and moving forward. Homeless & Conservative
The way to crush the middle class is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation. Vladimer Lenin
There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal. F.A. Hayek