Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Quote of the Day - Jay-Z Edition Part 2

“I’m offended by that because first of all, and this is going to sound arrogant, but my presence is charity. Just who I am. Just like Obama’s is. Obama provides hope. Whether he does anything, the hope that he provides for a nation, and outside of America is enough. Just being who he is. You’re the first black president. If he speaks on any issue or anything he should be left alone… Of course we want to challenge him to do better. I felt Belafonte he just went about it wrong. Like the way he did it in the media, and then he big upped Bruce Springsteen or somebody. And it was like, ‘whoa,’ you just sent the wrong message all the way around…Bruce Springsteen is a great guy. You’re this Civil Rights activist and you just big upped the white guy against me in the white media. And I’m not saying that in a racial way. I’m just saying what it is. The fact of what it was. And that was just the wrong way to go about it.”
Jay-Z on Harry Belafonte's assertion that Jay-Z is not doing enough for social justice.  

Sound arrogant?  Maybe it sounds that way because it is arrogant.   

I didn't realize that there is "white media".  Who knew?  

2 comments:

hometown guy said...

Jay-Z is to liberals as Ted Nugent is to Conservatives. We don't like him that much either.

ps. been a while, hope you're well!

Just a conservative girl said...

Guy:
I am doing well thanks.

Well I am not surprised that liberals don't like Jay-Z because when he talks about what the goverment should and shouldn't do he is a libertarian. He just voted for Obama because he is black. He flat out said it. Which means he has not real compass when it comes to his own belief system. Very sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative