Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Isn't The Tea Party Standing Up for the Constitution?


As you may have figured out I am very active on social media.  I am on every presidential candidate's email list, I get emails from all types of conservative groups, and I have twitter and facebook accounts as well.  I get all kinds of things sent to me about the conservative movement.  Many of which mention the constitution.  I have been doing reading and going to different events to learn more about the constitution.

So I was very surprised today when I was told that The Tea Party Mission didn't include the rally that is being held on March 23 to preserve religious freedom.  The posting I put up on this rally was removed and I was given a warning for breaking the "rules".  Really?  I would like to know what exactly I have been doing for the past three years then.  Wasn't the entire point of learning more about the constitution was to be able to elect officials that would actually follow it?
I am in agreement that social issues are not necessarily the purview of The Tea Party, but how exactly do you separate an issue of the first amendment and The Tea Party?  The entire reason we are in the place that we find ourselves in now is because the federal government has been trampling all over our constitutional rights for several generations now.  The federal government has grown well beyond what the founders ever intended.  As such they involve themselves in things that are none of their business and are better left for the states and local governments to decide.  When they do this they waste more and more of our resources in terms of time and money as well as stripping our freedoms away; bit by bit.

The Tea Party was also formed to let our government know that we were no longer going to stand and allow them to take more and more of our freedoms away.  Mandating to the church that they have to violate their consciences in order to provide free birth control is all about freedom.  It doesn't matter what you personally feel about birth control and/or abortion because they are not the issue.  This is strictly a first amendment issue.  It is just being discussed in terms of birth control and women's health.

You need to ask yourselves if the government is allowed to take this protected right away from the church what is next?  If the Tea Party isn't going to stand up and protect this then they may as well just fold up the tents and go home.  Because we are done.

And your thoughts on the matter?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative