Sunday, November 6, 2011

Quote of the Day - President Obama Edition Part 9

“I want to make mention that this is our first meeting since the arrival of the newest Sarkozy, and so I want to congratulate Nicolas and Carla on the birth of Giulia… And I informed Nicolas on the way in that I am confident that Giulia inherited her mother’s looks rather than her father’s, which I think is an excellent thing.”
President Obama on the birth of President Sarkozy's daughter.  


No one else seemed to get the joke.  

2 comments:

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

"Reset buttons", IPods, the bust of Churchill and now this?

Ok,jokes over. Can the adults please start running things again?

Mike aka Proof said...

I was thinking about this, and it wasn't so much the lame joke as the venue. This is the kind of kidding you might do with a close friend... bust their chops in private, but it it not the stuff of formal public speaking.

Had Obama been speaking at a "roast" of Sarkozy, no problem! Public speeches, not so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Google Analytics Alternative